Tips & Tricks

Learning is about truly applying the knowledge you gain. I changed my approach. Instead of reading 300-page books and making hundreds of notes on them, just to never apply them, I now try to capture and apply it every week. I contemplate on the quotes that impact me, spend time answering questions that I am confronted with and focus on reading simple articles and using valuable apps that really have an impact. Here is a few tips, tricks and questions that I found valuable the past few weeks:


Quotes from the book "Tools of Titans" from Tim Ferriss:

  • "Either live a life that is worth writing about, or write something that is worth reading."
  • "If you let your learning lead to knowledge, you become a fool. If you let your learning lead to action, you become wealthy"
  • "Everything around you that you call life was made up by people that were no smarter than you"
  • "When you know your why you can endure the how" - John O' Riley
Questions that I'm trying to answer:

  • "The monopoly question: Are you starting with a big share of a small market?" - Peter Thiel
  • “How do I become less competitive in order that I can become more successful?” - Peter Thiel 
  • "What is true that very few people agree with you on?"- Peter Thiel 
  • "Why can’t you do your 10-year plan in 6 months?" - Peter Thiel 
  • "Am I defending my cards at the table I'm sitting, or do I need to to move to a different table with different cards?" - Seth Godin
  • "Are you pushing a business uphill, or why don’t you start a business that you can push downhill?" - Seth Godin
Apps or websites that find useful:
  • blinkist.com
  • noisly.com
Articles that had an impact on me recently"
Videos that motivated me:
If you want to receive short tips and tricks on a regular basis, please subscribe with your e-mail address on the right hand side.